Budgetary Politics and Policy
- Jia Chen, Yuan Yang, Jinhai Yu* , 2022. Task complexity, organizational size, and performance An examination of the U S state budget agencies, Public Management Review, online first. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14719037.2022.2116093.
- Jinhai Yu, Edward T Jennings Jr, 2020. “Politics, Competence, and Performance Evidence from the US State Budget Agencies“, Public Administration Review, online first, https://doi.org/10.1111/puar.13277
- Jinhai Yu, Edward T. Jennings, Jr., and J.S. Butler, 2019. Dividing the Pie Parties, Institutional Limits, and State Budget Tradeoffs, State Politics & Policy Quarterly, online first. https://doi.org/10.1177/1532440018822469.
- Jinhai Yu, Zhiwei Zhang, “Future Directions for Research in National and Subnational Government Budgeting,” in W. Bartley Hildreth and Komla Dzigbede (edited), Research Handbook on Public Financial Management, Edward Elgar Publishing, London, United Kingdom, forthcoming.
Fiscal Transparency and Accountability
- Jinhai Yu*, 2022. When It Matters to Keep Promises OPEB Funding and Local Government Borrowing Cost, Chinese Public Administration Review, online first. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/15396754221099004.
- Jinhai Yu, Xin Chen, Mark D. Robbins, 2022. Market Responses to Voter-Approved Debt, National Tax Journal, online first, https://doi.org/10.1086/716770
- Jinhai Yu, 2021. Does financial disclosure matter GASB 45 and municipal borrowing costs, Local Government Studies, online first, https://doi.org/10.1080/03003930.2020.1870956.
- Jinhai Yu, Wenchi Wei, and J.S. Butler, 2020. Fiscal Transparency and Government Credit Quality Evidence from the U.S. States, Public Performance & Management Review, online first, https://doi.org/10.1080/15309576.2020.1807368.
- Nicolai Petrovsky, Ge Xin, Jinhai Yu, 2022. Job Satisfaction and Citizen Satisfaction with Street-level Bureaucrats Is There a Satisfaction Mirror ? Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (JPART), online first. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/jopart/muac022.
- Jinhai Yu, 2021, Agency Autonomy, Public Service Motivation, and Organizational Performance, Public Management Review, online first, https://doi.org/10.1080/14719037.2021.1980290.
- Jinhai Yu, 2019. Does State Online Voter Registration Increase Voter Turnout?, Social Science Quarterly, online first. https://doi.org/10.1111/ssqu.12598.
See the Online Appendix here: Yu SSQ Online Appendix
Media coverage: https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/politics/state/online-voter-registration-pennsylvania-election-reform-voter-turnout-20180712.html.
This paper won the 2017 Pi Alpha Alpha Doctoral Student Manuscript Award from the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
- Jinhai Yu, Edward T. Jennings, Jr., and J. S. Butler, 2018. Lobbying, Learning, and Policy Reinvention An Examination of the American States’ Drunk Driving Laws, Journal of Public Policy, online first. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0143814X18000363.
Publications in Chinese
- Xiaojuan Pan and Jinhai Yu. (2016). A book chapter in “Research on Local Government Cooperation”, People’s Publishing House.
- Xiaojuan Pan and Jinhai Yu. (2015). A Framework on Local Government Coordination: Based on the Cooperation in Water Supply between Yongjia County and Yueqing City, Management World, 2015 (7), pp.172-173.
- Xiaojuan Pan and Jinhai Yu. (2015). A Framework on Local Government Coordination: Based on the Cooperation in Water Supply between Yongjia County and Yueqing City, Beijing: China Yanshi Press.
- Jinhai Yu. (2012). Interlocal Cooperation of U.S. Local Government in the Provision of Public Goods and Its Implications. Journal of China National School of Administration. 2012(2), pp.123-127.